It is the mission of The Library Foundation Inc. to nurture and enhance the services of Campbell County Public Library System (CCPLS).
Do you love Campbell County libraries? Would you like to be a part of nurturing and enhancing library services for years to come? The Library Foundation Inc. of Campbell County Public Library System is a 501(c)(3) community-based organization which provides an average of $40,000 per year in support of Campbell County Public Library and Wright Branch Library. Foundation fundraising efforts bring public art and innovative programs and services to our libraries. Without generous donors, CCPLS could not meet the expectations of library patrons. To this end, The Foundation receives generous donations through estate gifts, cash contributions, and memorials. The funds are used in support of current projects or deposited directly into our library endowment where they become part of a stable funding source for Campbell County libraries. Supporting your libraries in perpetuity is a choice many of our community members have made because they value our libraries and what they mean to Gillette and Wright.
Types of Gifts
Avenues for supporting Campbell County libraries through The Library Foundation Inc. include:
- Direct donations
- Bequests in wills
- Tributes and memorials
- Choosing to remember a loved one or friend with a memorial book given to the library provides a lasting gift to honor that person. Great care is taken by library staff to select a book the deceased would have enjoyed. Suggested titles or subjects are appreciated. A memorial bookplate is placed in the book and an acknowledgment card is sent to the family telling them the name of the book and the donor’s name.For more information contact the Library Administration office by e-mail or by calling 307-687-0009.
- Stocks and bonds
- Life insurance
- Retirement accounts and annuities
- Gifts of books, magazines, DVDs, CDs, and books-on-CD are welcome under these guidelines:
- All donated items become property of The Library Foundation Inc.
- Books should be in very good condition. Books that are musty smelling, dusty or damaged by mildew or water will not be accepted.
- NO encyclopedias or text books will be accepted.
- NO VHS tapes will be accepted.
- Magazines cannot be older than ONE year.
- No used computers, typewriters or software are accepted.
- Two standard size boxes are accepted every week per individual.
Monetary donations can be designated toward the purchase of memorial books, art work, computers, programs, endowment fund, or special projects. Checks should be made payable to The Library Foundation, Inc.
Donation Tax Benefits
If you have held appreciated stock for more than one year, you may take a charitable tax deduction for the fair market value of the stock. Neither you nor The Library Foundation Inc. will pay capital gains taxes when the stock is sold. This could result in a bigger deduction and more tax savings for you and a larger gift for The Library Foundation than if you sell the stock, pay the taxes, and donate the proceeds. Designating The Library Foundation as a beneficiary for retirement account balances and annuities could also bring tax advantages.
Shop online and donate with Amazon Smile
Shop at Amazon and support Campbell County Libraries at the same time through its AmazonSmile program. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, the AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5 percent of the purchase price to the eligible charitable organization of your choice. You can sign up with your regular amazon.com account info and select The Library Foundation Inc in Gillette, WY as the beneficiary. As you shop, watch for products marked “Eligible for AmazonSmile donation.” Although there is no tax deduction, there’s also no cost to the purchaser or to the library to participate in the program.